Useful Loan Information
Guidelines about Loan acquisition services through Bangkok Bank.
Before applying for a Bangkok Bank loan, you should review our lending criteria.
Our customer loan application criteria:
Applicant needs to be over 20 years old
The term cannot exceed 30 years or, when the borrower’s current age and the term are added together, it should not be more than the maximum age limit of 65 years.
The maximum loan amount granted will normally be up to 80% of the appraised value, or the balance of a refinanced loan.
How we process loans
1. Your loan suitability is reviewed.
Once you have submitted your loan application and required documents, one of our bank officers will review your capacity to make loan repayments. To determine the appropriate loan amount, we consider a range of factors including your income, expenses, debts and collateral.
2. You complete and send in your loan application for approval.
The branch officer will send your loan application form and supporting documents to the Consumer Center for approval. The following factors will be considered:
The purpose of the loan
Your loan suitability under the loan criteria
Your capacity to make loan repayments
The type and value of the collateral offeredOur Appraisal and Mortgage Center will make an appointment to visit your property within seven days from the day you submit your loan application.
3. You are informed of the outcome of your application.
After considering your supporting documents, our loans officer will inform you whether your loan application has been accepted. This process normally takes around 10 days from the day you submit your loan application.
4. Loan and mortgage contracts are signed.
We will make an appointment with you to sign the loan and mortgage contracts at the Land Department. If the loan has co-borrowers, the appointment should be made with them as well. You will be informed in advance of the required fees so you can prepare payment.
For a faster and more efficient loan application approval, bring the following documents to your branch.
Identification, registration and financial documentation (all applicants)
- A copy of your ID card or an official government ID card
- A copy of your professional license (Home loans for professional)
- A copy of your housing registration record
- A copy of your marriage/divorce/death certificate of spouse (if applicable)
- A copy of your changed name/surname certificate (all copies)